Policy and advocacy
- BNHS has made over 40 submissions to Forest Advisory Committee on critical habitats and wildlife corridors.
- Assited the governement to prepare a national Central Asian Flyway (CAF) action plan.
- Submitted a report on India's progress towards conserving IBAs (part of National Biodiversity Target number 6) to the MoEFCC.
- Made strong submissions towards new CRZ rules 2018, Wetland Policy and National Forest Policy.
- Contributed to the effective dismissal of the petition to revoke the ban on human formulation of multi-dose vials of diclofenac, a major cause for the sharp decline of Gyps Vultures in India. It may be recalled here that BNHS was part of the collaborative effort that brought in a government ban on the veterinary use of drugs diclofenac in 2006.
- In progress: A conservation blueprint for Sewri-Nhava landscape in Mumbai region which receives thousands of migratory flamingos and other avifauna every year.