- Category: Courses
- Published on Monday, 20 February 2017 17:58
- Written by administrator
- Hits: 511
Certificate Course in Butterfly Studies (Lepidoptera)
Conducted by BNHS
Introduction to the course:
We all get fascinated about these colourful insects called as butterflies. We see them everywhere around in our backyard, in gardens and even on mud. But do we really know much about them? Here is your chance to get to know the life of butterflies.
Throughout this course, you will be able to understand the identification of various butterflies, how they are classified? , How is their life cycle? You will know which places to visit to see butterflies? How butterflies live their life?
Also, you will learn raising butterflies with the help of guidance on butterfly gardening.
If you are wondering how to write a research paper on butterflies, this course is an answer to all your questions. We will discuss the issues related to conservation of butterflies and what we can do as an individual to help in conservation.
Finally, our aim is to get to know the importance of butterflies in ecosystem and help in their conservation which will be a combined result of enrolling for this course!
Duration of the course:6 months (June, 2017 to November, 2017)
Who can enrol?
- Anyone with an interest to learn about the butterflies of India and its conservation
- The basic qualification is 10th standard (any board)
- Basic understanding about use of computer and internet and access to the same
You will also get the a copy of the book ‘Butterflies of India’ by Isaac Kehimkar, after registering for the course.
Rs. 8,000/- (without book) or Rs. 10,000/- (a copy of the book ‘Butterflies of India’ by Isaac Kehimkar).
Course fees include:The fees include study material and BNHS expertise on all field trips.Include food during inaugural and wrap-up camps in Mumbai.
1. Introduction, identification and classification of butterflies
2. Butterfly hotspots in India and FAQs
3. Butterfly behaviour and research
4. Butterfly gardening in India
5. Butterflies – importance, threats and conservation
This course will contain online assignment submission, which includes online research, field work and nature activity once a month.
Five field visits and one field camp will be organised during the course duration.
How to Register?