Bi-monthly Programme March - April 2017
Vol. 5, Issue 2.
March – April 2017
ONE DAY PROGRAMMES
5th Mar Flamingo Watch
12th Mar Bat and Tree Walk at Ranibagh
2nd Apr Kanheri Upper Trail
9th Apr Karnala Bird Sanctuary
23rd Apr Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary
30th Apr Flamingo Watch at Sewri Mudflats
June Amboli– Land of the Flying Frog
March Marine Camp at Lakshadweep Batch II
Wild Assam – Gibbon Sanctuary, Kaziranga, Nameri
April Great Himalayan National Park
May Agumbe Reserve Forest
Corbett National Park and Nainital (Sattal & Pangot)
Kanha National Park
June Bandhavgarh National Park
August African Safari – Kenya
African Safari – Kenya
Once again the Bombay Natural History Society brings you the African Safari, Kenya, with its rich diversity of mammals and birds, a dream trip for nature lovers.
Places of Visit: Samburu National Reserve, Aberdare National Park, Lake Nakuru National Park and Masai Mara National Reserve.
Samburu National Reserve: Most tourists visiting Kenya do not get the opportunity to cross the Equator to visit the Samburu National Park to see the unique wildlife of North Kenya. Here are some very different animals like Oryx, Gerenuk or Giraffe Gazelle, Grevy’s Zebra, and Reticulated Giraffe unique to this park and not seen in the Southern Kenya.
Aberdare National Park: A birdwatcher’s paradise,Aberdare National Park is part of the Aberdare Mountain Range in Central Kenya. The park offers moorlands, Bamboo forest and rainforest at lower altitudes. One can see animals like the Critically Endangered Mountain Bongo, Bushbuck, African Wild Dog, and Giant Forest Hog. Birds like Jackson’s Widowbird, Bar-tailed Trogon, Golden-winged Sunbird, Scarlet-tufted Sunbird, Silver-cheeked Hornbill, endemic Aberdare Cisticola, and African Goshawk are also seen.
Lake Nakuru National Park: Situated in the famous Rift Valley, it attracts thousands of flamingos and pelicans, the forest around the lake is home to the rare and Critically Endangered Eastern Black Rhinoceros and Near Threatened Southern White Rhinoceros.
Masai Mara National Reserve:Experience the thrill of watching the world’s largest land migration with around a million wildebeest and zebras make their way into Masai Mara from Serengeti. The spectacle of the Great Migration is something every nature lover should experience.
During the camp you can see a whole array of animals like East African Lion, the fastest land mammal Cheetah, three kinds of giraffe like Reticulated, Rothschild's, and the tallest Masai Giraffe; Hook-lipped and Square-lipped Rhinoceros; Cape Buffalo, Black-and-white Colobus, Spotted Hyena; Grevy’s and Burchell’s Zebra; African Elephant, Thomson’s Gazelle, Hartebeest, Dik-dik, Hippopotamus, Leopard, and the Nile Crocodile. Besides these one can see the largest birds; the Somali and Common Ostrich, besides Purple Grenadier, Blue-nape Mousebird, Red-cheeked Cordon-bleu, Secretary bird, Superb Starling, Hamercop, Bateleur, White-breasted Go-away-bird, Lilac-breasted Roller; Vulturine and Helmeted Guineafowl; Red-billed, Yellow-billed, Von der Decken’s, Black-and-White Casqued and Southern Ground Hornbills; Black-bellied, White-bellied, Buff-crested, and Kori Bustards, Malachite Kingfisher and many more.
Dates: 12th–20th August 2017 (ex-Mumbai)
Reporting: Participants to meet early morning (2 a.m) on 12th August, 2017 at Mumbai International Airport, group will return to Mumbai on 20th August, 2017 early morning.
Camp Fee: Rs.2,27,000/- for members and Rs. 2,28,500/- for others. (Ex Mumbai)
(Cost calculated as per 1 USD= 67 INR)
1st Installment (non-refundable) Immediate Rs. 50,000/-
2nd Installment Date- 15th April Rs. 50,000/-
3rd Installment Date- 15th May Rs. 45,000/-
4th Installment Date- 15th June Rs. 45,000/-
Final Installment Date- 15th July Rs. 37,000/- (Rs. 38,500/- for others)
Camp fee includes:
- Economy Class Airfare on Kenya Airways/Ethiopian Airlines (or similar).
- Normal Visa and processing charges.
- Full board accommodation.
- All Game Park entrance fees.
- Three meals (B/L/D) a day while on Safari.
- 1 litre of mineral water per person per day.
- Professional driver guide.
- Game drives as per itinerary.
- Insurance for the camp period for participants aged upto 70 yrs.
- BNHS expertise.
Price does not include:
- Food and drinks not part of group menu.
- Any sightseeing not mentioned on the programme.
- Expenses of a personal nature e.g., laundry, telephone calls.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Services other than those specified in “Camp fee includes”
Note:The cost has been calculated as per 1 USD= 67 INR, and minimum 15 pax traveling together.
Important:Participants need to take Yellow Fever vaccination at least 15 days prior and Polio vaccination at least four weeks prior to the date of travel.
* Note: -
● If you are registering for any of the programmes, it is assumed that you have read and agreed to all the Rules and Guidelines.
● Rules and Guidelines for BNHS programmes are available on our website: www.bnhs.org.
● If you are booking a flight for any camp, it is highly recommended to book refundable tickets.
● All the surplus generated through the activities of the programme department are utilized for conservation of wildlife.
● It is also recommended to take travel insurance when traveling for any camp.